* A licensed marriage and family therapist currently in practice with Northland Counseling, Chanhassen, MN.
* An experienced teacher and counselor with a depth of understanding of relational and emotional struggles.
* Speaks with humor and enthusiasm, drawn from 25 years as a classroom teacher, and more than 3 decades of marriage and parenthood.
* A graduate of Adler Graduate School and Carleton College.
* She has served as academic dean, led numerous trips overseas with teens, worked in an inner city mission, voluntered her time to mentor college students.
*Worked with victims of sex trafficking for 3 years, currently mentors young couples, and volunteers at a place for at-risk teenagers.
Using material from John Gottman, Emerson Eggeriches, and a host of other experts on marriage, Cynthia will help you work through any relational struggles that you may face in your marriage. She helps good marriages get better as well.
With 35 years experience of working with children, Cynthia has a great storehouse of knowledge! She counsels from an Adlerian basis, and when requested, a Christian world view. Very encouraging and gentle, she will help you unravel whatever problem you have.
With Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Cynthia treats trauma very effectively. She is certified in the EMDR protocol. Check it out. www.EMDR.com
Cynthia teaches from a curriculum put out by Faith Alliance Against Sex Trafficking. Psychological and Social needs of survivors are two examples of chapters in the curriculum that she presents on.